Front of House Team Member
Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. If you're excited to rise with our team, come and join our `ohana!
By living our values of Dignity, Excellence and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard, all Front of House Team Members are empowered and expected to serve Aloha to our guests daily by working as a team to create the ultimate Aloha Experience.
Are you looking for part time job? This is a phenomenal opportunity to join our 'ohana as a Front of House Team Member at our Kings Hawaiian Restaurant in Torrance.
• Greets customers with Aloha spirit!
• Ability to train and work all front of house stations including cashier, host, expo, curbside, busser, and other positions as identified and assigned.
• Have a customer first attitude.
• Complete understanding of all menu items.
• Take customer orders in person and over the phone with the ability to explain dishes and bakery items in detail.
• Enters all customer orders into Point of Sale (POS) System accurately.
• Operates cash register following sales and cash handling procedures.
• Cleans and resets counters or tables when needed.
• Keeps guest and employee areas clean, safe, and stocked for daily business.
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficient in English with clear verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic math and common-sense reasoning ability.
• Phenomenal Customer Service in person, over the phone or online.
• Self-motivated with the ability to see what is needed to be done with little direction.
• Able to prioritize tasks with a customer first focus.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
• Ability to arrive to work on-time for all assigned shifts including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime when required. Must work minimum of 4 days per week and have • Saturday and Sunday availability.
• Able to balance multiple tasks and work well in an environment with time constraints.
• High attention to detail and order accuracy skills.
• Proficient with technology including our POS (Point of Sales) software.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our ohana.